Last week I was making final arrangements for the knitting and quilting classes I started teaching this week. I made matching t-shirts and yoga pants for all three girls and myself for the Mother-Daughter pajama party, ordered the cake, made reservations for dinner, hosted a support group meeting, went to a friends swearing in ceremony, attended the school talent show, created a site for my knitting students and myriad other things. The most important being dinner with Pooh for her birthday. Eleanor's swearing in was a very close second though.
I have been dreading the tough questions and talks that are ahead of us, but thanks to many friends advice I know the transition will be easier than I've imagined. A couple of tips are already paying off, thanks T. Jackson for the book recommendation, she is eating it up :) I am so excited for her, and every day a little less scared, because I know that we have put ourselves around people that will help us to make sure our girls grow to be all they can.
In other news:
- I started teaching, and let me tell you my seniors are sassy, all good sports, but I got some real firecrackers. I can't wait to see them next week.
- I found the Apple Cake recipe; Whew!!! I really thought it was lost forever. I was supposed to post it on Facebook a year ago. I promise I will post it later this week.
- I am behind on all my other sewing, (especially since I decided to make all my outfits for my Las Vegas trip this summer) look for some FO's soon.
- My brother got a job and is moving to Miami
- and, I've still got more work to do for my quilting class on Friday, so ....